At Traverse Bay Farms our mission is to provide solutions on enjoying an active and healthy lifestyle. The first action to take in achieving this goal is to have a stepping off point or a frame of reference, thus as you get healthier you can look back and see how far you’ve come.
The purpose of this post is to give you several action steps to help you get started.
Toward the end of this email, we’ve even included a “Health Lifestyle Habits for a Healthy Life” short checklist.
Many factors affect your health. Some you cannot control, such as your genetic makeup or your age. But you can make changes to your lifestyle. By taking steps toward healthy living, you can help reduce your risk of overall health issue. For example,
- See your doctor for regular screening not just when you are sick
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Eat a variety of healthy foods, and limit calories and saturated fat
- Be physically active
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol
- Quit smoking
- Protect yourself from too much sun
Check out this action guide to create healthy habits for life:
Health Lifestyle Habits for a Healthy Life
- Write down what creates stress in your life. Write down exactly what you feel stresses you out and why. For example, does sitting in rush hour traffic stress you out? If so, how can you make changes in your driving route, even if it takes a longer to get to and from work to home, to reduce your stress levels.
- Record your physical activity. How many days do you follow a daily physical activity. For example, taking the stairs instead of take the escalator to the second floor.
- Stop eating while watching TV, driving or talking on the phone. Eating while distracted can cause individuals to eat more without realizing how much they eat. Focus on how much you are eating during each sitting.
- Set goals you can achieve. For example, aim to drink for water, eat more vegetables, etc.
- Shop on a full stomach. Shopping on an empty stomach may cause individuals to stock up on high-carb and high-calorie items.