Carrots with Dried Cherries, Cherry Juice and a Dash of Character
This is a excellent choice recipe for the upcoming holidays including Thanksgiving and Christmas. The hint of nutmeg and ginger with the dried cherries and the tart cherry juice, it really brings out the flavor in this delicious sidedish.
Plain carrots become an elegant side dish with cherries, nutmeg and ginger.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup Fruit Advantage dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 1/4 tablespoon tart cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
Cook carrots in water in a covered 2-quart saucepan 8 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Add dried cherries, maple syrup, butter, nutmeg and ginger to cooked carrots; mix to combine ingredients. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce is bubbly. makes 6 (1/2 cup) servings
- Bread stuffing tastes better with the addition of dried tart cherries.
- Dried tart cherries make good additions to rice pilaf or rice pudding.
- Liven up green salads by sprinkling dried tart cherries over them.
- Add dried cherries to oatmeal or other cereals for a breakfast treat.
← Older Post
Newer Post →