- Calcium-rich foods – Swap out whole milk or regular cheeses for the low-fat or the fat-free options. Foods like cheese, milk and yogurt all have low-fat or fat-free varieties and best of all, within a few a days, you really won’t notice much of a difference in the taste profile. Also add more calcium-rich green veggies like spinach and kale to your daily diet, too.
- Berries – Berries, all types, have a long history of being known for their antioxidant value and dietary fiber. These little orbs of gold help to reduce the signs of aging and give the body what it needs to repair itself. Every morning, I toss in a handful of either fresh blueberries, raspberries or cherries. If isn’t not berry season I enjoy the frozen or dried fruit.
- Whole grains – Start your day with a warm bowl of Oatmeal. This worked wonders for me. Several months ago I started eating oatmeal every morning and within the first month of this simple change I lost 4 pounds without making any another major change in my diet. The reason it works so well is it takes longer to digest thus keeping you fuller longer. In addition, Oatmeal helps to lower your cholesterol. Check out this article I wrote on losing weight while traveling. http://i2mag.com/lose-weight-traveling/
- Yogurt – This tasty food is an excellent source of protein and calcium. On the days I don’t eat oatmeal, my break includes a bowl of Grape Nuts mixed with yogurt and berries.
- Green vegetables – As mentioned in a previous paragraph, green vegetables are packed full of fiber with very few calories. Best of all, they taste great with every meal and help to boost your metabolism. Swap out the iceberg lettuce with spinach when you make a salad or enjoy fresh or frozen green beans with dinner over the canned option.
- Heart-friendly fats – Some types of fat can be beneficial to your body. The reason is certain types of fat help the body to function better. So deciding on the right types is vital. While you want to stay away from saturated fats, look for foods with monounsaturated fats. Foods like cold water fish, almonds walnuts, avocados and dark chocolate.
Do you know the weight around your mid-section is one of the most stubborn areas of your body to get rid of? If you’re like me and many other people, you’ve tried the weight loss shakes, juice cleanses and maybe even purchased expensive exercise equipment targeting the belly area. However, at the end of the day, it seems the final results didn’t turn out liked you hoped they would. While being physically active it vital to shrinking the waistline from the outside, let’s take a closer look on how to shrink the waistline from the inside out. Have you considered that eating the wrong types of food could also be contributing to no noticeable reduction in your mid area? Instant diet foods and following a short-term diet fad is not the answer to a lifetime of enjoying a slimmer mid-section. Natural and whole foods are the best way to go. Check out this list of natural foods that help to whittle away the middle. Reduce your Waistline with These Six Foods.
- Posted by Ada Manson