Roger Bonga, also a friend of our's, is currently doing a solo 350+ mile run across the entire State of Michigan. He is running to raise money to fight Parkinson's disease. Roger started is running the long way across Michigan.
Here started in Sault Ste Marie on May 3rd and running across the Mackinac Bridge to the lower Peninsula. After he crosses the Straits of Mackinac he'll continue his run down the remainder of the state to the Michigan / Indiana line.
Here is a list of his current Itinerary (could change)
- May 2nd Stay overnight in Sault Ste Marie
- May 3rd Sault Ste Marie to corner of Mackinaw Trail Rd and Dixie Highway Rd-- 37 miles
- May 4th Mackinaw trail & Dixie highway to Pellston Lodge, Pellston, MI – 33 miles
- May 5th Pellston Lodge to Boyne Highlands Resort, Boyne Falls, MI – 35 miles
- May 6th Boyne Falls to Kalkaska Grananada Inn, Kalkaska, mi – 35 miles
- May 7th Kalkas...ka to Cadillac – 39 miles
- May 8th Cadillac to Big Rapids Quality Inn – 41 miles May 9th
- Big Rapids to Rockford – 36 miles
- May 10th Rockford to Yankee Springs area – 34 miles
- May 11th Yankee Springs area to Portage Quality Inn –35 miles
- May 12th Portage to Finish – 35 ish miles
Roger will be using the Fruit Advantage Tart Cherry Powder to help with his sore muscles. Running 350+ miles to raise money and awareness for Parkinson's disease is great and please share this information too!