Cherry Mallow Cake with Cherry Juice
This recipe is not only appealing to the eye, but good to the stomach, too! :-) With the combination of the yellow cake, the marshmallows, cherry juice and pie you'll enjoy the color combination and texture. The cherry juice adds a nice swirl while, the cherries from the pie filling adds those nice redish orbs to this treat.
You'll like this cake -- the marshmallows melt and rise to the top for a glaze.
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows (about 3/4 of a 10-1/2-ounce package)
- 1 (18-1/4-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1(21-ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1/4 tablespoon Fruit Advantage Cherry Juice Concentrate
If you have not cooked before, ask an adult to help you with this recipe. It's an easy recipe, but you may not be familiar with using a mixer or the oven.
- Spray a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray. Put marshmallows evenly in the bottom of the pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter over marshmallows. Spoon cherry filling evenly over cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 45 to 50 minutes. The top of the cake will be bubbly and the marshmallows will be sticky on top of the cake. Carefully remove pan from oven with hot pads. Set cake pan on hot pads on counter. Don't forget to turn off the oven.
- Let cake cool in pan, then cut into squares with a sharp knife.
Makes about 15 servings.
← Older Post
Newer Post →