With the Holiday season and Christmas fast approaching you'll enjoy this tangy combo with roasted turkey. It also adds an additional layer of joy as an sidedish.
• 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
• 1/2 tablespoon of tart cherry juice concentrate
• 1/2 cup cherry preserves
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1/2 cup chopped red onion
• 1/4 chopped yellow bell pepper
• 1/4 chopped green bell pepper
• 1tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
Combine dried cherries, cherry juice, preserves and vinegar in a small microwave-safe bowl; mix well. Microwave on High (100% power) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until hot. Let stand 5 minutes.
Stir in red onion, yellow and green bell pepper and thyme; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, 3 to 4 hours or overnight. Serve as a sauce with roast turkey or chicken. This relish is also good with grilled hamburgers.
Makes about 1-1/2 cups.