Fast and Tasty Tart Cherry Juice Shake
With the kids starting back to school and school buses driving up and down the streets, this is an excellent time of year to share some kid friendly recipes. Not only are they great tasting, but they are great for the little ones and those who are a kid at heart. They fast and easy to make and best of all they are very tasty. So look for some great kid-friendly recipes over the several days.
This cool combo will please family and friends.
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tablesspoon of tart cherry juice concentrate
- 3 cups vanilla ice cream
- Whipped topping
- Whole maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Put a colander or strainer in a bowl. Pour cherries into the strainer. Measure out 3 tablespoons of juice and put it in a small container. You will use these 3 tablespoons of juice to prepare this recipe. You can either discard the remaining juice or save it for another use.
- Put cherries from the strainer onto a cutting board. With a sharp knife, carefully cut cherries into small pieces. Have an adult show you how to use the knife.
- Put chopped cherries, 3 tablespoons juice and ice cream in the container of an electric blender or food processor; cover blender. Process or blend until smooth. Do not put a spoon or spatula in the blender while it is running and keep your hands clear of the working parts.
- Pour into 2 (12-ounce) glasses. Top with whipped topping; garnish with whole maraschino cherries.
Makes 2 (12-ounce) servings.
← Older Post
Newer Post →