In this second post in the bilberry series, we'll learn about the health benefits of the bilberry. While we don't sell any type of bilberry products, knowing the health benefits of different fruit is always a good idea to maintain a health lifestyle. Check out the dried blueberries, cherry juice, blueberry juice concentrate, tart cherry juice concentrate
Health Benefits of Bilberries
• Bilberries are primarily known for the following health promoting benefits.
• The main advantage of a regular consumption of bilberries is that it can help maintain healthy eye function. They may help in helping maintaining healthy circulation to the ocular area and enhance the pigmented area of the eyes, which make them more visually capable.
• Bilberries may help in maintaining healthy blood circulation to different parts of the body. Due to this, the immunity of the
body and the metabolic functions are enhanced. They also help in maintaining healthy blood vessels within the body.
• Bilberries also help in maintaining healthy digestive function.
• A traditional use of bilberries has been in the maintenance of menstrual health.
• If you have a burn or a wound anywhere on the body, then bilberries can help due to their anti-inflammatory action. They may help the wound to heal faster and combat further infection.
They also help arrest bleeding. If there is a heavy itching sensation, then bilberry can help. Application of its juice on the area of the itch can help, and it can also help cure numbness that might set in on different regions of the body.
• Several heart health benefits can be achieved through a regular diet of bilberries. Since bilberries help maintain healthy blood
circulation and healthy heart function.
Bilberries—Where to Get Them
The widespread popularity of bilberries ensures that you can get hold of them quite easily. Since they are natively grown in Europe, they are most easily available there in supermarkets.
Various bilberry products, even a particular type of bilberry tea that has several health benefits itself, are easily found. If you do not live in Europe, even then you may find bilberry products in your store shelves, or you may find the berries themselves.
The Internet is a great option to get bilberries too, especially if you are not living in a region that naturally produces this
berry. Several online retailers ship bilberries to different parts of the world.